Wednesday, May 14, 2008

A long day

Well, I decided to play "hooky" today and take a little personal time to brew a batch of beer. My recipe was a German Roggenbier which is a German Rye Beer. I began around 10:00 and everything was going to plan. When it came time to boil the beer, I had the burner going and stepped away for a couple of minutes to attend to something else. When I looked back outside, everything was boiling over! I freaked! Oh no, I'm losing beer! As it stands, I lost about 1.5 gallons(out of a 5 gallon batch), which broke my heart. You spend all that time to develop a recipe, get ingredients, prepare everything for your brew day, then you lose beer. I was bummed!

Anyway, I finished the batch and transferred to my fermenter letting the fermentation begin.

Shortly thereafter, I received a phone call from my wife informing me that we had someone call in off of one of our yard signs and was interested in seeing the property. Awesome! A possibility of a new client! I was once again excited.

So, I called this person and scheduled an appointment to see the house. I met a very nice lady and her young son who had just moved to Charlotte 6 months ago and is now ready to begin a home search after renting. It was a refreshing visit and am glad I had the opportunity to meet them. I am looking forward to spending time with them and assisting in finding them a new home.

It was a great way to end what was a stressful day.

No comments: