Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Catching up is hard to do

Wow, what a past couple of weeks it has been. A busy real estate market has kept me hopping!

Over Memorial Day weekend, I had the pleasure of meeting a family relocating from Denver, CO. We spent 2 days looking at available homes in Charlotte. What a great time we had! It's always nice in this business to have clients who keep me as entertained as I try to keep them. They returned to Denver with a better understanding of Charlotte and they hope to be here within the next 12 months.

I also helped a young man who is currently enrolled in seminary here, find the home he has been looking for!!! We have been looking on and off for about a year. Sometimes it just takes awhile. However, this wasn't an easy one. We submitted our offer and were negotiating price when another offer came in. Uuuugh! We went through the same exact thing a year ago(almost to the week) on another property that we ended up losing out on. While it's great to see the Charlotte market still strong to support multiple offers on properties, it's just a very emotional time. Luckily, we hung in there, beat out the other buyers and got this one under contract!

During this same time, I am also assisting a young lady(who I've mentioned in an earlier blog) look for a home. Poor thing, she had to put up with listening to me negotiate on behalf of my clients. As much as I apologized for putting her through this while we were out house hunting, she was very understanding. I told her she not only got a crash course in Real Estate 101, but she was witness to how I fight for my buyers!!!

On another note, the Roggenbeir that I brewed several weeks ago(mentioned in a previous post), did not ferment out all the way, which left me very dissapointed. I transferred the beer into a secondary fermenter along with all the yeast, in hopes it may ferment out a little more. If not, it will still be a good beer to drink, it just won't be competition worthy.

No comments: